Hot and sour soup is not only very famous in Pakistan but also a part of all Chinese meals. Pakistani Style Chinese spicy hot and sour soup recipe is all time favorite and I use to have it all winters afternoons as a lunch because it has low calories and it tastes awesome. I make a full bowl and store the rest in fridge. Unlike Pakistan, the soup survive very best in fridge and when you re-heat, it tastes like fresh.
- whole chicken legs (3 sliced in 3 pieces each) or 500 grams
- Frozen vegetables 300 grams – Any type you like, I use the mix of corn, peas, carrots and bean sprouts
- White cabbage 1/2 cup shredded
- 2 eggs
- Chicken stock cube 1
- White vinegar 1/2 cup or you can use lemon juice too
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Soya sauce 4 tbsp
- Chilli sauce 2 tbsp
- Corn flour 3 tbs
Method of Pakistani Chinese Hot n Sour Soup:
- Boil chicken legs in 1 liter water with /21 tbsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper. I have used chicken legs in soup because they always taste better than the chicken breast soup, if you want to make it in large quantity, you can use whole chicken too.
- Once tender, take the chicken legs out and shred it in small pieces.
- Add more water to the left behind stock (Around 1 more liter) and boil it.
- Add chicken stock in it and taste the salt, some chicken stocks are too salty so you might not need to add more salt to it.
- Add frozen vegetables and cabbage and boil for a minute or tow.
- Add chicken and all the remaining spices and sauces.
- Taste it, if you want it more spicy add some more black pepper or chilli sauce and if you like more soya sauce or vinegar add it now or it can be added later according to taste.
- Mix corn flour in cold water till it dissolves, slowly add it to the boiling soup
- Then beat the eggs and add it in the thick soup, leave it for 2 seconds and then stir.
- Cook it for 2 minutes, it will make the yummy egg chunks. Some people don’t like the egg yolk or its smell, you can only use the egg whites too but take 3 eggs if you are only using egg white.
- Your hot and sour soup is ready.