Stuffed chicken patties are very famous in Pakistan but in western world, you hardly get it anywhere. Puff pastry is mostly used to make sweets like apple turnovers etc. Pakistani spicy chicken patties recipe would help you achieve a taste you used to get in Pakistani bakeries like Gourmet, Cakes n Bake etc. I used to crave for it a lot but now I make it at home. Best thing is that, when its prepared (before baking), I freeze it and bake it when I need it. It yields perfect result and it still tastes like fresh.
- Puff pastry ½ kg
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- Boiled & shredded chicken 300 gm
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Garam Masala powder 1 tsp
- Green chillies 2
- Coriander leaves
- Tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
- Heat butter in pan and fry onions in it till it get tender.
- Add boiled and shredded chicken and cook.
- Add salt, pepper and garam masala.
- Add green chillies coriander and ketchup in it. Ad some water if the batter is drying up
- Cook till water dries.
- Roll puff pastry and cut by using cutter in equal pieces.
- Grease baking tray or foil in a baking tray.
- Put on piece of flat pastry and spread chicken filling on it and place another piece over it, gently press the sides to seal.
- I have wrapped it like a rectangular samosa below but you can do it the way you want.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180c / 350f degrees centigrade for 30 minutes.
- Chicken patties are hot and ready.