Like anywhere else in the world you have deal with frauds in USA as well however most of the frauds are linked to online transactions where people does not have to face someone. When I came from Pakistan I have tried to search ways to earn home based income as I’ve heard it was not that difficult in USA. Every website I have visited regarding online work or working from home was a scam*, every website asked for money to sign up, and will show you many dreams that after paying a small fee you will become billionaire. Even the online job listings available on different local classifieds are usually scams, they will wither send you a link to buy something or they will ask to fill up your personal details on other website selling it to different companies and some might give you a link to sign for something before processing a job interview.
You need to be very careful while dealing people online. Do not trust people easily and if you are getting any too good to be true offer then it’s most likely a fraud. Like e.g. “Click on this link to get a free laptop” you may end up losing money.
Another way of fraud is free trail offers. You may find many attractive offers on TV and internet for many products with free trails. If they are asking for your credit card details then it’s a scam because once they will send the product they will start charging you with installments they have never told you about. If you want to test something for free then never give your credit card details.
Types of Frauds & scams in USA:
- Identity Theft
- Phishing / Spoofing
- Foreign Lottery Fraud
- Sweepstakes / Prizes Scam
- Fake Cashier’s Checks / Money orders
- Debt Elimination
- Job Scams
The above mentioned scams are few of them, there is fraud everywhere and new person can become a victim very easily. There are many Chinese companies offering a $1000 product for $200 and when you pay $200 you never get your item. You need to search for answers if something seems suspicious.
Tips to save you from frauds & scams:
- If it sounds too good to be true, then it most likely a fraud. Nothing in life is free, it always comes with a price
- If it is really a great and easy way to make money, then why isn’t everyone doing it?
- Congratulations you have won the lottery, you never visited Africa or U.K., and you did not buy a lotto ticket still you won? It’s a scam.
- Great work from home opportunity, just sign up for a smaller fee of $20 and you will become our member to earn more than $1000 a week. It’s a scam.
- Get paid for filling simple surveys or earn points to redeem for prizes, these guys are will ask you to click banners, or completed surveys from you for which they will pay you in cents and they will earn in dollars, the fix the minimum amount to send a check that you might never fulfill.
- Never give your credit card number over the phone unless you made the phone call yourself and knows everything about the company or if not search for it before calling them. Do not get under pressure to disclose any other personal details, like your checking account or social security number.