How to apply for United State visit visa from Pakistan

If you want to apply for visit visa for tourism or visiting a family member in United States you will need to apply for a B2 visit visa. B1 visit visa is for business travelers only. The process for applying for B1 or B2 visa is the same and is mentioned below.

You will need to have a picture taken according to the requirement of united states embassy which should be with white background and 2 x 2 inches in size.

  • You only need to fill one form which is DS-160 that is web based, you will need to fill the information online.
  • After submitting an online application you will get a confirmation which you need to print.
  • After that you will need to visit an American Express Bank Ltd, a participating branch of American Express, or Speedex in Pakistan where you need to submit the fee and get the receipt . Visa fee is $160 which is around 17,070 Pak Rupee (previously it was $140).
  • You will need to take below mentioned documents at speedex or participating branch of American Express for appointment date.
  • They will take the documents and will give you the appointment for interview and will notify you about the date and time.

List of Documents:

You must take these documents when you go for an appointment. You would also need to present some more documents on interview day depending upon your reason of visit.

  • The one-page confirmation form (with legible barcode) from the DS-160;
  • A current photo (within the last 6 months) measuring 2″ x 2″ with white background;
  • A photocopy of the applicant’s passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the planned date of entry to the U.S.
  • Photocopies of the bio-pages of all previous passports for the last 15 years.
  • A complete travel history for last 10 years, mention the name of country, entry or exit date.
  • A list of applicant’s siblings and children names.

List of Documents for visit reason:

When you will go to the embassy for an interview, you will need to present some more documents. What documents you would need will depend completely on your reason for visit. I have prepared documents checklist for visit visas related to family visit and business visit. Please click on the relevant link for the detailed information.

On interview day:

  • On the interview date reach at-least 30 minutes in advance, keep in mind that you will have to take the shuttle so calculate time accordingly.
  • Interview is mostly straight forward mainly focusing on your reason to visit and to evaluate whether you will come back to Pakistan or not.
  • Most of the times if your visa is rejected you will be notified at the spot and your passport will be returned.
  • If they keep your passport, you will be asked to wait for the administration process. Once the administration process is complete they courier your passport to your home.
  • Normally they give 90 days time period when your visa will be issued, you will not be able to expedite the visa process in any case. For women the visa can be issued as early as two days most of the times within a week however for male it can take 2 to 8 months. My personal experience is that it mostly takes more than three months so you need to apply for visa ahead of time so you can travel on time.
  • You might send email to US embassy after 90 days if your visa is still not issued but they will always tell you that the processing time may take time and they can not confirm anytime when your visa will be ready.

To get the complete details about the USA non-immigrant visa check this website

For complete details about the photo requirement click on the link below

For complete details of the courier services where you can submit your fee and get appointment click on the link below

If you want to apply visa in an emergency then the process can be expedited, please follow below mentioned link for details 

There are 801 comments left Go To Comment

  1. Sarah /

    Hi my fiance is born usa citizen and muslim he already hav first wife in usa now he want to be involved in polganous marriage with me will ib able to get in usa any time in life and will my kids from previous marriage will get citizenship because of their stepfather ? If im living here ?

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Sarah,
      Sorry never heard of anything like that, I don’t want to misguide you, you should consult a lawyer for this.

  2. Talib /

    Hello Sir,

    I need your advice. I’m 32 year old, married person and have one kid. I work online (web development) with a employer in USA since 10 years. My employer want me to meet him and have good vacations. talk little about business. I have 20 lack in my account.

    How should i proceed?
    Cell# 03345026005


    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Talib,
      Get an invitation letter from your employer asking you to visit him for a meeting. Apply on the basis of that. For documents this could help

  3. Memona Akbar /

    Respected sir I m single but I m fond of visiting USA .my whole family is here in Pakistan Multan.I have 3 lakh I want just visit in USA please if you give me visa just for 3 months I will thankful to you

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Memona,
      What you are asking is not in my power. I am not associated with the embassy or anything.

  4. Rabia /

    I am a research student, enrolled in M. Phil. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry). I wish to apply for visit visa to US for exploring the possibilities of research in USA, as there are almost no facilities for research in Pakistan. Is there any chance that I get that visa? Or I should apply for some other visa type?

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Rabia,
      They tend to hire female researchers more quickly to add diversity to the work place. Chances are bright for you, so you must try, it won’t cost you much and you will be paid very well depending upon your field of research. Please read these posts to get an idea how it would work for you. You will need to get in touch with professors in Universities and apply for study visa F1 category to do research there.

      1. Rabia /

        Thank you so much for your response.

  5. Zaib /

    Sir my cousins are living in America and they have the nationality I just completed my Electrical engineering degree so I want to go America for visit and want to apply there in different companies so please guide me that can I get the visa or how much amount I will have be in my account thanks

    1. Admin / Post Author

      I am not sure if it is allowed this way since on tourist visa you can visit for tourism only. Follow these links as well

  6. Faraz /

    Salam All

    Dear Sir
    I want to visit USA and I am Software Engineer (BS degree).How we apply for the visa. So sir please tell me about the whole process and total expenditures (including Fees PKR).

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Faraz, Procedure is mentioned in the same post above along with the fee. There are no hidden fees however you need to have strong bank statement.

  7. waqas /

    my ant living usa how i am apply on his behalf

    1. Admin / Post Author
  8. Asad Ali /

    Dear Admin.
    My Aunt Is Living in Usa And She Is Green Card Holder I want To Visit Her .i want to In Sep 2015, I am a Banker,Studing In M.B.A And Married Person, i Also Have healthy Bank Statement ..
    What Documents i Need To Make My Application Better .. Should I Need a Sponser Letter From Her Or i Have To Get Her Any Document like Green Card Copy Etc

    Your Immediate Response Will Be appreciated


    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Asad, sorry for not replying at my earliest, most of the answers are already in website, you just need to search. Find the list of relevant documents in below mentioned links

  9. Fatima /

    I am 30 years. I have sponsor from my friend in U.S. Currently Studying in university in second semester. My parents can sponsor my tour.i have 3 years practical experience

    1. Admin / Post Author

      What do you means sponsor? is he/she sponsoring you financially? If you’r parents are sponsoring you financially, its better to have your name in bank statement since you are not a minor.

  10. Shareem khan /

    Hello sir i m 36 m khi i have a wife and 2 kids 1 is 11 years dayghter abd 1 is 8 year daughter my fathers age is 75 my family wish to visit America i m doing buisness bank balance is aroung 40 lacs for this visit what chances i have to get visa let me know please thanks

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Only a visa officer can determine if you have enough ties to Pakistan. Bank statement seems good, just take all relevant documents with you when you visit the embassy related to your business as well.

  11. Rashid Butt /

    I want to visit USA. It’s my desire

    1. Admin / Post Author

      visit visa process is mentioned above in the same post, if you have specific question let me know.

  12. Zaheer ul hassan bhatti /

    hy Respected Sir i am student i want to visit of USA new york tell me what i do how can i take visit visa of USA

    1. Admin / Post Author

      visit visa process is mentioned above in the same post, if you have specific question let me know.

  13. farhan riaz /

    dear sir
    i want to ask form you ..i want to marry in US citizen ….im living in pakistan and she is living in USA right now and she also want to get marry me …we both are love each others..
    she is saying to me ..u come to USA and marry me here …but im saying to her u come pakistan and we both get marry here in pakistan …we both are confused that what should we do becasue i dont hve a visa for USA to go there….kindly guide us which one is best for us and which Visa should i need to go there….

    im not understanding if she comes here in pakistan and marry me here is easy or go there is

    kindly reply me as soon as possible

    1. Admin / Post Author
  14. marium imran /

    Hello! My name is marium and I am from Pakistan. I’m 15 years old and now I am in matric.I and my brother will apply in USA through visit visa after matric.we will go together we don’t have a family over there but we have family friend who live in Chicago so we will be go over there.I just wanted to know the complete information of visit visa or I also wanted to know how much money we need for this process.. I hope u understand..

  15. m uzair /

    dear sir i am uzair sir i want to visit visa sir my eduacation is mechnical diploma compelet D A E b tect i am gonig for U S A sir plz tell me sir me grand father gonig for U S A tell me this sir me answer waiting for u my contant num is(03361249663)

  16. abuzar /

    hi , how are you sir i want to ask u about interview for vister ,

    1. Admin / Post Author
  17. mohsin /

    hi, how ru hope fine there want to ask about intend to get visit america on tourist purpose i am 36 year old married two babies one is 1 and half year and one is almost 8 months old and i am government employ since jan-13 so how much chance to getting visa

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Alhamdulilah, hope you are doing good too. I can’t tell about the chances, depends on your position in your organization and your bank statement. The visa officer will determine if you have strong ties with Pakistan and if he thinks you will come back he will give you the visa.

  18. Energatic /

    With the Help of this forum, I fianlly got the 5 years visit visa without any problem. Only 3 question asked?
    1. purpose of visit 2. where u stay 3. job designation, Even do’nt check any document.

    Now I have question regarding canada, How can I move from US to canada.


    1. Admin / Post Author

      Salam, I have no info about Canada visas or immigration process. Thanks

  19. Kaleem /

    With the Help of this forum, I fianlly got the 5 years visit visa without any problem. Only 3 question asked?
    1. purpose of visit 2. where u stay 3. job designation, Even do’nt check any document.

    Now I want to apply of my family members whch comprises wife with 3 children, Can I go for it.. If yes, then how much bank statment needed for it, I have 500000 in my bank.. What doucments needed ? Same docuents which I made for me, will be sufficient.

    1. bank statnemnt
    2. Contract letter
    3. FRC fmaily form



    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Kaleem,
      Congratulations for your visa. You should take all relevant documents with you on interview day. If you are going to meet a family member you should take these documents with you. It depends on the purpose of visit.

  20. umar /

    sir engaged in Facebook my fiance from USA Florida state with.her.sir.please I.get USA visa fiance

    1. Admin / Post Author
  21. Fahad /

    My age is 25 I work with my dad me and my mom want to visit America to meet my sister I want to apply in B2 is their any chance of visa or I want to know about interview that our interview conduct separate or we both give it at same time I have bank statement of RS700000

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Fahad – If you are applying as a family then you would need to go together for the interview. you will pay separate fee for all application but will go together on interview day. Chances depends on the nature of your business and if you can convince the visa officer that you have strong ties with your country and you will come back.

  22. kaleem /

    Dear Admin

    I plan to apply USA visit visa for my family members. Because my wife’s sister live in USA.I have following queries:

    1. As I mentioned earlier, I got the visa just by asking 4 question. One question is the tricky question , if you visit your wife’s sister, they why your wife will go to US or apply for USA visa, I replied, because due to schooling of children. she cannot go to US. Now my quesiton is that if I apply for wife and children? what willl be jusitication? whether it relate to my interivew?

    2. Will I submit a new application for DS-160 by creating a new account of my wife? or I will fill the form DS-160 from my already created account? Please guide ?

    3. Will visa fee be charged to children?.

    Thanks & Regards


    1. Admin / Post Author

      Did you get an option to add dependents on your application? You will need 3 separate visa applications and separate fee for all members. Try using your own account however at the end you must mention that application is filed by you on their behalf

  23. shah saleem khan /

    dear sir tell me about banks statment how much is minimum requirment and meximum requirment.becouse my friend is there for more help he is green card holder in hosten tx.need ur guide line sand it to my on my mail id also work with usa army in afghanistan and I have certificate from ministery of defance usa along with 2 more certificates. I need visit visa to meet my friend.

    1. Admin / Post Author

      There are no maximum or minimum requirements for visa, they will judge how much money you need depending upon how long you want to stay and what you would like to do when you are in United States. Click on this link to get more info

  24. nizar /

    Hello sir its nizar ahmed i’am doing F&B production at pearl continental i have a experience on this filed almost 5 years in different hotels now i want to apply for US visit visa because i’am doing business here in pakistan so i have to take some Ideas from there Restaurants i want to follow there culture there rule in my business so plz kindly help me out from this i’am realy thankful to you…

    1. Admin / Post Author

      You can apply for visit visa for tourism, I don’t think this would count as business visit visa.

  25. WARDAH ALI /


    1. Admin / Post Author

      Yes, separate application for all applicants regardless of age.

  26. jibran /

    sir i,m undermatric i live in lahore i want to visit u.s.a i havent go abroad before its my first time so will you plz help me about how to apply and can u plz tell me that bank statement and ielts is needed for me ? and i have 10 to 15 lac can it be possible to go there please help me out soon i,m waiting for you answer thanksss

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Jibran, If you want to visit, procedure is mentioned above. For bank statement visit this page

  27. Ajmal /

    Hello dear I am ajmal from islamabad I am business man I am 28 year old and single. I would like to visit to usa.

  28. Fizza /

    Respected Admin and USA President.
    Me and my husband and my two little daughters wants to move USA but no relative of my live in USA, what can i do , please help us , we have only 40 lac to show you, we wants to give safe life to my family and bright future, please please what can i do ,
    we are waiting your positive reply.. its a request of women.
    thank you.

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Fizza,
      You can’t purchase United States visa I am afraid, only way is to either go for studies or job. Investment visa is very expensive and suits organizations with millions of Rs.

  29. saul /

    hello dear i am saul i am from pakistan,karachi and i am apply visit visa in usa would like to visit to usahelp me out soon i,m waiting for you answer thankss please

    1. Admin / Post Author

      How can I help?

  30. saul /

    and my old is 16

  31. himaja /

    can you please let me know how much the bank statement should be for visiting visa to USA for a Pakistani
    thank you

  32. Faisal /


    Dear I am business man, and owned strong business worth( tax return, wealth statement and paying sale tax.) I visited number of countries but alone, my casino is inviting me on his daughter wading ceremony with family. I wish to travel with my wife and she had fresh passport. My children is very young. 2 year, 6 year and 7 years daughter. Plz advise in this regards.

Leave a Reply

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.