- 6 Eggs (Around 400g – Weight it)
- All purpose flour – 200g (Half the weight of eggs)
- Sugar – 200g (Half the weight of eggs)
- Cocoa Powder – 6 Tbs or to taste
- Baking powder – 1½ Tsp
- Unsalted Butter – to glaze pan
For Cream and topping:
- Pineapples – 1 can
- Cream – 350 grams or more if you like more cream
- Pineapple juice or any juice you like to moist the cake
- Icing sugar – 2tbs
- Bar of chocolate – crush it to sprinkle over cake
- Chocolate syrup – to taste
- Preheat the oven 350 F / 180 C . Grease the sides and bottom of the pan with unsalted butter.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder in a large bowl and keep it aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar using a hand blender on medium speed for around 10 minuted till it gets frothy.
- Add the flour mixture to it and whisk with blender on slow speed till the ingredients are mixed well, don’t over blend it, we just want everything to mix.
- Bake around 25 – 30 minuted or until thin knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, remove the cake from pan and cool it completely.
- Cut the cake in half and pour the juice over it, use the pineapple juice from the can too but mostly its not sufficient so use some extra juice.
- To make the whipped cream, combine the cream and icing sugar and whip it with blender until its soft to almost stiff.
- Add the cream layer over the bottom half of the cake, add pineapple chunks over it and chocolate syrup to taste. Put the other half of the cake over it.
- Use the remaining cream on top and sides of the cake and cover it with a thick layer. Sprinkle the chocolate over it and add some chocolate syrup if you like.
Note 1: This cake is prepared without adding any extra oil in the cake sponge and no alcohol is added to it to serve it Halal.
Note 2: If you want its taste to match exactly like in market, use the can of cherries instead of pineapple and use its syrup to moist the cake. Also use the cherries in the middle of the cake and sprinkle over the cake as well
Note 3: As we haven’t use any oil or butter in preparation of the cake so if you will not add enough juice to it, it will remain dry so its better to add juice or more chocolate syrup to make it soft and juicy.
Note 4: For cream you can use thick heavy cream, half and half or any cream available. If you are using whipped cream you can use it as it is on cake (no need to blend).