There are few types of visit visa. If you are planning to visit a family member in United States then you would need few documents that are mentioned on this page. Please find below list of documents for United State visit visa for family visit. Documents from 1 to 6 must be presented when you will go for appointment at American Express or Speedex however documents from 7 to 13 are recommended for interview day. Please take all these documents when yo appear for an interview, they might not ask about these but you must possess it just in case.
List of Documents for United State visit visa for family visit:
- The one-page confirmation form (with legible bar code) from the DS-160;
- A current photo (within the last 6 months) measuring 2″ x 2″ with white background;
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the planned date of entry to the U.S.
- Photocopies of the bio-pages of all previous passports for the last 15 years.
- A complete travel history for last 10 years, mention the name of country, entry or exit date.
- A list of applicant’s siblings and children names.
- A cover letter to the embassy stating the reason of your visit, duration of your planned visit including the exact entry and exit dates.
- Bank statements showing enough money to support your trip. If you are staying at your relative’s place you will still need to have enough money in your bank account that should be sufficient for your tickets and stay in the United States.
- A Sponsor letter (Invitation letter) from your relative stating that they are inviting you to United States and if they are providing you the place to stay then mention that as well along with the complete address of the relative. You must also need to mention the same address on your DS-160 form as your address in United States.
- If you are employed, get a letter from your employer on a letterhead stating that you are working with them, your designation, duration of your employment and duration of the holidays for a month or so (Time you want to stay in the United States) and that you will join them back after the holidays.
- If you are doing business then your business papers, i.e. your company registration letter, tax number letter, etc and asset papers etc. if you have any.
- If you are a student, get a university letter on a university letterhead stating that you are a full time student there, studying which subjects, since when and that you have vacations for how much time and when your classes are starting again. Make sure to plan your visit during the vacations in the college or university otherwise it will be a strong point against you and your visa might get rejected because they will think that you are leaving your education and will never come back from United States.
- If you have your own home or property or anything worth showing that can give assurance that you will come back to Pakistan, take it with you but they hardly see it because they know that getting a fake documents in Pakistan is not difficult and they can’t take the pain to check its authenticity, but still you should take it with you.
Do not assume that if have a relative in United States it will make a difference to their decision, if they will feel that you will not come back they will immediately refuse your visa. I have seen people blaming their family members for not sponsoring them without knowing that they cannot sponsor such visas. Its not that easy. Your relatives, even your immediate family members like you son, daughters, father, mother can’t sponsor you a visit visa. For immediate family members there are different type of visas but its not a visit visa. To read more on this topic follow the link below.