Can me relatives in United States sponsor me a visit visa?

Sponsoring a visa mean that your relative or friend will be sponsoring you financially for the trip. You can find more information about this topic here

If my family member or relative is a USA citizen:

It doesn’t make any difference if your relative is a citizen of the United States or not, even if he is a student or work there you will still have to follow the same procedure.

If I have an immediate family member i.e. Parents, siblings, spouse, children in United States who is a citizen:

If you want to visit your immediate family member like your son/daughter and he/she is the citizen of the United States then there are options to get their permanent visa (immigrant visa) however if they are only planning to visit you for a short period and you want to apply for visit visa only then again the process will be the same. Same process will be followed for spouse and parents.

For siblings brothers/sisters who are citizens, they can apply for immigrant visa’s (immigration to United States) for their brothers/sisters on their behalf but there is no specified time when they will get it, it may take 6 year or 10 years, no one can tell so if they want to visit you for a short period then they can apply for a visit visa however the process will remain the same for all B2 visas.

How will I mention that I am visiting my family member / friend / cousin etc in United States:

While filling the form you will need to mention the purpose of your visit which you will mention “I want to visit my uncle”. You will have to provide their contact details on the form including their name, address and contact number. This detail cannot make any difference in granting you a visit visa because if the visa consular will determine that you will not come back he/she will not grant you a visa.

There are 38 comments left Go To Comment

  1. Pingback: Documents for United State visit visa to visit family – Pakistanis in the United States /

  2. shaharyar /

    One of my father friend is american citizen can he sponsor me???

    1. admin / Post Author

      Please read the complete post. If your uncle is ready to arrange your stay at his place and is ready to give you his address you can mention it on your visa form

  3. shaharyar /

    Yes he is ready but for your information is that he is not my real uncle but father close friend .what I do in this situation???

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Take his address and mention in on your visa form.

  4. hasan /

    my parents n brother n sister all is in USA n they r us citizen and i want to apply for visit visa without sponsoring
    so i apply for visit?

    1. admin / Post Author

      If they are not sponsoring you. You can apply for tourist visit visa.

  5. jamshaid /

    hy dear admin!!!
    im living in pak,i hv a gf in usa she is citizen of there she want marry me how i can go there tell me easy procedure

  6. Shanum aziz /


    My mother wants to apply visit visa to visit her parents (my grandparents) there. Me and my brother will be here in Pakistan, while she visits. We have running business, property and enough bank statement to show. What are the chances of visa getting approved? And also I have heard that there is a quota for visit visas and it is most suitable to apply in April for tourist visas, cause that is the time when they have quota for summers. Whats the best time to apply?

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Shanum, I have never heard about the quota thing before and I think there is no good best or better time for applying for a visit visa. If your mother is going alone without you guys and have a good bank statement then there are bright chances for her to get visa. Thanks

  7. Farhan /

    Hi me my wife and my daughter 1 year old want to apply for a tourist visa we have family there my cousin and my bro who is studying there I’m thinking to book a hotel room and apply and I will give my cousins address what do u think

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Farhan, yes that is fine, you can provide his details in U.S contact information section.

  8. MK /

    Hi, I am US Green card holder. My spouse is in Pakistan. I already filed an immigration petition for my spouse but it is going to take long time for completing visa process. Can I apply for visit visa for my spouse? Thanks.

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear MK, I don’t think that’s possible as they would as you to wait and would assume that your wife will overstay etc however its better to consult a lawyer in this scenario.

  9. junaid /

    Hi admin AOA, this is junaid I want to apply tourist visa for my family( me , my wife and kid) I am putting all my business documents which I am doing here in Pakistan Like Tax return, NTN, bank statment,

    Can you please suggest me that should I ask my Broher In law for I-I34?

    Please suggest.

    Kind Regards

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Junaid, if you have enough balance in your bank account it should work however in other scenario, you wouldn’t just need the I-134, check the link for more details

  10. malik /

    hi my family my parents and brother sisters is in us they are green card holder can i get the visit visa of the us without they sponsoring me if i never tell the visa form that i have any relative in the us is they give me the visa and i apply with my anti she is disable means polio detected i want to visit the us with her. can i go with her

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Dear Malik, Apkay sawal ki samajh nahi ayi? App ke passa already visa hai? app batana nahi chahtay k apkay relatives already USA main hain?

  11. malik /

    meray pass visa nahi ha meray parents us ma green card holder hain ma us visit visa lena chahta hoon agar ma un ko na batahoon k meray koi relative us ma hain to un ko pata chal jahay ga k nahi or ik or baat k main na london sa us ka visit visa apply kiya tha wo refused ho gaya tha or agar ma un ko ab na batahoon k mera pehlay us ka visa refused howa tha to un ko pata chal jahay ga k nahi

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Agar apkay parents US main green card holder hian to app ko batana paray ga, or visa kahein se bhi apply kia ho, unkay pass record hota hia, agar app ne jhoot bola to foran visa reject ho jaye ga. Sach hi bolna chahye esay kamo main warna kahein app par ban hi na lag jaye.

  12. malik /

    ma na ab us ka visit visa apply karna chta hoon

  13. Bibi /

    May us citizen hun mare Nani like grandmother ur Mara chota Bai visit visa pay Maray pass Ana chahtay hain may un ko sponser Karna chahti hun lakin pakistan may un kay pass koi bank balance nahi hay tu kia wo sirf Maray sponser karnay pay a saktay hain

  14. Bibi /

    Maray ammi Abu nahi hain Mara Bai Nani kay pass rehta hay Is liay wo Nani kay sath Ana chahta hay plz mujay kuch advice dain Ki visit visa agar apply karain tu unhain mil Jay ga visa plz reply me soon

    1. Admin / Post Author

      App unko financially sponsor kar k dekh lain. Apko ye batana ho ga k unkay saray expenses app pay karain gay. Procedure oper link main likha hia

  15. hasan /

    salam bro can you tell me some details abt us visa !! firts thing should i tell you.before 5 month i was appliyed with perents but my prents got the visa n she refuse me ! so can i ask you now what should to do !! please reply me i m.very upset thankx

    1. Admin / Post Author

      I am sorry to hear about it but if they have refused your visa and your situation remains same it will be refused again unless you have strong ties in Pakistan like excellent job or business or family.

  16. Aadil /

    Hi Sir,

    My friends are U.S. citizens.and they are my sponsor.I wan’na go to visit them.I am also working in U.S company.Can I get visit visa?

  17. hassan /

    sir mai apni nani (grand mother) say milny jana chta hun wo travel ni kar saktin q k unhay heart ka problem hi. mai 1 month k leya jna chta hun but mary pas bank statement ni but mai job karta hun. nd mare khala wha hain agar wo mujy support krain to mujy visa mil sakta hi.

  18. Mohsin Hafeez /

    hi dear admin … mera saga bhai jo k mujh say bara hay u.s.a may hay california main rehta hay 9 months ho gaye gaye huay us ko… but abhi wo national nhn hua hay. kya main us k pas visit k liye ja skta hon.. wo seprate rehta hay apni wife k sath rent pay liua hua hay flat .. or meri bhaabi almost 4 years say u.s.a hain .. my age is 27 kya main jaa skta hon visit karnay un k pas plz rply dear bilkul clear situation btai hay ap ko pl rply soon admin plz

  19. Mohsin Hafeez /

    hi dear admin … mera saga bhai jo k mujh say bara hay u.s.a may hay california main rehta hay 9 months ho gaye gaye huay us ko… but abhi wo national nhn hua hay. kya main us k pas visit k liye ja skta hon.. wo seprate rehta hay apni wife k sath rent pay liua hua hay flat .. or meri bhaabi almost 4 years say u.s.a hain .. my age is 27 kya main jaa skta hon visit karnay un k pas plz rply dear bilkul clear situation btai hay ap ko pl rply soon admin plz

  20. Mohsin Hafeez /

    why u not rplying dear admin???????????????

  21. Mohsin Hafeez /

    why u not rplying me

    1. Aurangzeb /

      Dear admin,
      First of all I appreciate your good services,
      My dear actually I want to know that my younger brother is in USA and had PR and also good tex payer so please le me know that he want to sponsor me what are the possibility can I get visit visa?
      And what documents required ?

      1. Admin / Post Author
  22. rooj /

    i have a question. In the past 2 times, my sister was denied visa based on no strong ties to Pakistan (she didn’t show her job status in Pakistan). However we are applying again. Here’s a bit of background on me and my family. I am a US citizen and I have sponsored for my mother. My brother married another US Citizen and his process was just approved so they are in the process of migrating. My mother’s case is still ongoing. Now my youngest sister lives with my mother in Pakistan currently, however I want her to come visit since sponsoring for sibling visas are hard and takes time. my sister is unmarried, over 21 but have a good job. My sister-in-law is preparing with her for her interview, however how can we improve my sister’s chances of getting a visitor visa? She will be coming here on her vacation to visit me and my kids. Is it possible she can get visa even with this unique circumstance?
    Thank you

  23. qazzafi /

    i can apply f24 immigreant visa it will be refused under 221(g).
    my mother sister brother all my family live in usa my two sisters is citizen can she sponser me as vist visa for usa.

    1. Admin / Post Author

      Details are mentioned in the same post on how your family can sponsor a visit visa

  24. M Qazzafi khan /

    My mother apply my f24 visa my mother is green card holder in the time of interview counselor demand DNA with my mother we provide in time after few monthes embassy send me waiver Eligibility letter why I don’t no and my visa states is Administrative processing is same today.
    What I can do plz .

Leave a Reply

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.