I sometimes crave for stuffed chicken breast from “Salt-n-Pepper” Lahore. Whenever I visit Lahore its something I eat whenever I can however as I can’t eat it here so I make it at home. Its not the same recipe used in Salt-n-Pepper but its not fried means its much more healthier than that. Its a very simple recipe and if right ingredients are available the preparation is very easy.
- Chicken breasts – 4
- Garlic minced or paste – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Shan Chargha Masala – 1 tbsp
- Crushed red peppers – 1/2 tsp
- Frozen spinach 400 grams (You can use fresh/boiled spinach too)
- Feta cheese – 200 grams
- Bread crumbs – 2 cups or as needed
- Slit the breast open and rub Shan Chargha Masala (or any of your favorite Masla of if you want it simple only salt and black pepper will do) on it. Put it in the fridge for an hour or overnight if you like.
- Heat oil in the pan, add garlic and then add spinach and crushed peppers in it, cook it until the water evaporates and the spinach is done.
- Chop feta cheese in cubes and mix it with spinach . Its very salty so you won’t need to ad any salt in it.
- Preheat oven to 350 f / 175c.
- Spread spinach mixture on each chicken breast, don’t over stuff it, if some stuffing is left you can serve it separately.
- Wrap chicken around mixture and secure it with a toothpick.
- Roll each chicken breast in bread crumbs and coat it well.
- Take a oven dish, preferable a glass one, grease it either with butter or spray oil and put the chicken breast over it.
- Pour butter, 1 tbs each on each chicken breasts and put it in the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, take it out and change its direction, cook for another 20 minutes.
- Chicken is done, if you like it more crispy then change its direction and cook for another 10 minutes.